A short break to Portrush

  Ever feel like your life is stuck on repeat? I’ve felt like that recently, as my fiancé and I are saving for our wedding.  Last month I took a weeks holiday and we decided to take a trip to Portrush.
    To the seaside we went with our bags packed.  Our first day we took a long walk around the beach.  After that we went to a outside pool, where my little princess splashed. Beside this outside pool stood a little homely cafe in the “Arcadia” , were we had a cup of tea and delicious raspberry muffins.  We finished off the day taking in the beautiful coastal scenery.
   On the second day the sun was beaming and we couldn’t wait to explore. Once we had breakfast, we went to Barry’s amusements where my fiancé, my daughter and I took a ride on the famous Barry's carousal. Afterwards we took ourselves to the beach and I started to feel like we weren’t in Portrush, but in the Canary Islands.  The heat was unbelievable and I couldn’t get over how clean the beach was.  I sunbathed on pure white sand. For lunch we went to a really quirky cafe called “Panky-Doos”.   As I had only a small breakfast, I decided to have some brunch. I went for a full fry and a cup of tea.  My fiancé went for smoked salmon with toast and a coffee. Both were delicious. I honestly was more excited by the cafes interiors. The cafe interiors was made up of a collective of mismatching porcelain and beautiful vintage furniture.
  For the rest off our short break we wined and dined and relaxed whilst taking in the fresh seaside air. I visited some local shops and came across a store called “Memento”.  Memento contains the most gorgeous handmade designs, created by local designers.   I may also add that they have some beautiful gift ware, for almost any occasion.  I loved the ambience and how friendly the staff were.  I can’t wait to visit this store again in the near future.  To some up my trip my favourite eatery’s were “Bob&Berts”, were I tasted the most exquisite rainbow cake. We also enjoyed a meal at "55 Degrees North" and it was not only tasty, but also very affordable.  Our short break to Portrush was a perfect mix of fun and relaxation and I will safely say we will be back soon!





















I hope that you have enjoyed my blog and don't forget to check back soon!!!
Love Donna
XXX



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Luck Una!

Medora Lipstick Ireland

Teapigs Feel-Good Tea