Ulster University Graduate Fashion Show 2016


In school i always felt out of place and i didn't know were i belonged.  The only place i felt content was in the art room,that was my haven.  When i left school i applied for the technical college in my hometown in Enniskillen.  Honestly speaking i wasn't quite sure whether it was my fate to apply for the Betec in Art and Design,as my grades weren't the highest.  I was bullied at school and hated it,so my grades suffered also.  The one person who believed i could get into the course was my sister Lisa,she directed me in the right direction and i got into the Art and Design course.  For years i thrived and reached my potential and i also made it into my foundation year because of my hard work.  By the end of the course i knew my place was in the fashion field.So when i received my grades, i applied and got into the Fashion and Textiles course in Bristol.  For the first time in my life,i didn't feel worthless.  When i came home to Ireland my sister Lisa McCabe also known as Nor-Lisa had graduated from the University of Ulster in Fashion and Textiles.  Lisa took me under her wing and i undergone my work experience with her.  During my work experience i learnt alot about the fashion industry and the different fields in fashion,along with hands on work and working behind the scenes of photo-shoots and music videos.  Lisa is the reason i started my blog "Printed Skull Ink",i did not believe that i could even produce a single blog,never mind several ones.  Today my blog has reached over 1000 likes on Facebook and over 1000 followers on Instagram.  Lisa had put all her faith in me and as the University year is about to come to an end in the coming months,its time for us to put faith in these extraordinary students.





Last month future fashion designers gathered at the Ulster University's Belfast campus ahead of their hotly anticipated Graduate Fashion show at the Europa Hotel on the 26th May.  The final year students,who are set to graduate this Summer,have created some truly inspiring pieces including knits,prints and creatively constructed silhouettes which are set to storm the catwalk next month.




Pictured is a stunning local model Joy Ellis wearing a design by student Roseanna Crawford
Hair and Makeup was completed by the show's creative partners Andrew Mulvenna Hair and MNX Pro.


Pictured is a stunning local model Joy Ellis wearing Ambidextrous by student Sarah Walker
Hair and Makeup was completed by the show's creative partners Andrew Mulvenna Hair and MNX Pro.


Pictured is a stunning local model Joy Ellis wearing Asylum by student Hannah Veil
Hair and Makeup was completed by the show's creative partners Andrew Mulvenna Hair and MNX
 Pro.


Pictured is a stunning local model Joy Ellis wearing Decadence in a time of crisis design by student Jeremy Huddleson
Hair and Makeup was completed by the show's creative partners Andrew Mulvenna Hair and MNX Pro.


Pictured is a stunning local model Joy Ellis wearing City Tribes by student Jose Varandas
Hair and Makeup was completed by the show's creative partners Andrew Mulvenna Hair and MNX Pro.


Pictured is a stunning local model Joy Ellis wearing Urban Structure by student Cherith Hughes
Hair and Makeup was completed by the show's creative partners Andrew Mulvenna Hair and MNX Pro.


Pictured is a stunning local model Joy Ellis wearing The Network Colection by student Gemma McAllister
Hair and Makeup was completed by the show's creative partners Andrew Mulvenna Hair and MNX Pro.


Pictured is a stunning local model Joy Ellis wearing Rue by student Amy Scanlon
Hair and Makeup was completed by the show's creative partners Andrew Mulvenna Hair and MNX Pro.



 We see these new and inspirational young designers from the University of Ulster make their mark and showcase their uniquely designed collections on the 26th May at the grand Europa hotel in Belfast.I know that this show will be flawless as it has been organised by amazing CMPR team and Cathy Martin.  Every show I've been to which has been organised by CMPR team and Cathy Martin has been very memorable.

Tickets for the event only cost £15 per per person,which includes a fabulous complimentary goodie bag.My sister Lisa aka Nor-Lisa and i will be attending the event wearing our finest attire and we are looking forward to seeing these new and talented future designers.  Show your support by purchasing your tickets which are now on sale online via: https://getinvited.to/ulstergraduatesfashionshow2016.

ulstergraduatesfashionshow2016.”




             I hope that you have enjoyed my blog and don't forget to check back soon!!!
love Donna
xxx
                                                           

Comments

  1. I will come back to this place, its huge and open, and have really tall ceilings. Wait staff was also pretty good. Bartender was awesome and personable. I was really pleased with my party at event space Chicago. Ha! I highly recommend these guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good Luck Una!

Medora Lipstick Ireland

Teapigs Feel-Good Tea